These sweet baby boys of mine are definitely too big to be called "babies"! If the running didn't convince me, the new words have. Jordan is repeating everything we say (at least trying), even in phrases. He gets a lot of it right, too. But he's so impressed us with putting things together, like, 'uh-oh tractor' and 'bye-bye daddy'. Aidan does the same, but he usually only repeats what he's asked to; although, he's definitely listening to everything. *The tractors go 'uh-oh' because they insist on watching the movie Cars everyday. It's amazing what they pick up on! They just started making the tractors tip over one day.* We have a couple of DVDs that are teaching tools - one is letters, one is numbers, one is colors, one is shapes. And they know those as they see them on the DVDs. They recognize letters everywhere else. They know what numbers are, but they only say a couple of them in books and things. They know a few shapes outside of the DVD. If you ask them to find a specific color ball (from the ballpit), they will almost always get it right! But they'll almost always tell you the wrong color if you ask what color a ball is. Funny, isn't it? Their new favorite tricks are 1. to drag their little folding chairs over to the counter and stand in them to "help" me cook, 2. to put a finger on their lips and shush people (SO cute), 3. to say Daddy & Mommy instead of dada & mama!! The last one is mostly Aidan, but Jordan has proven that he can. The really fun part is that after he got the hang of Da-dee, he went on to Ma-mee (which came out mee-ma for a day or two), and has now decided that all names should end with a y. Like Bubba became Bu-bee and Aidan is sometimes Ai-dee. I do correct him on his own name, but it's really funny to listen to him say all of those.
I'm just continually amazed at what they can do and learn. It kills me how fast time flies with these little guys. I try to keep it in perspective throughout our days because I know that soon I won't be able to carry them around... or they won't want me to. Sometimes I just sit and watch them and try to etch those moments in my mind forever and try to just be thankful to God for these little gifts. I am also continually amazed that God has entrusted me with 2 precious babies at once. (I know, they're not babies!!) What a priveledge I have to watch these two connected, but separate lives grow up together! I pray God will help me impress on them how special their bond is and how He has blessed them in that way.
By the way, one of their favorite books is The Jesus Storybook Bible. It's a fabulous little storybook of Bible stories that says how they reflect God's plan to send Jesus in the "great rescue." Mostly, they like to look at the big fish that swallowed Jonah, but I pray they will grow to love and read those stories and that it will help us lead them to the cross of Christ.
1 comment:
I can't believe how much they are changing. I hope someday soon we will be able to see it in person! Hope all is well with you. Love you bunches.
Post a Comment