The 2nd of this month was the boys 18 month-iversary! I cannot believe how much they've grown. They are such big boys, but I love those sweet moments when they still want to snuggle like itty bitties. I think I might get a few more of those than mommies with single baby boys do, just because they usually don't get as much due to having a twin. But these days, I try to snuggle and cuddle whenever possible because I know it won't last much longer!!
Today was our well-child visit, and I wanted to post the stats because I hardly ever blog anymore (who has time with 2 toddlers??).
Jordan is 25lbs 3oz and 34 inches long = 40%tile for weight and 90%tile for height.
Aidan is 27lbs 14oz and 34 inches long = 75%tile for weight and 90%tile for height.
I'm pretty sure they were both around 30 inches long at 12 months (and we missed our 15 month appt). To me, 4 inches in 6 months seems like a LOT! They have definitely lost some weight, but it's probably a combination of sickness and activeness and teeth. I was dressing them today and thinking I might have to borrow back some of the 18 month pants I gave away - the 24 month/2T are just too big around! The jeans anyway. Cotton pants or lounge-around pants can be rolled until the end of time, as far as I'm concerned. (It might be that I'm not bottered by that or I think it's normal because it's what I always do... hm. I might have to get someone to show me how pants are really supposed to fit.) They love trucks and trains and dinosaurs and fish. They love books and coloring. They've just starting loving blocks and are now able to stack the mega-blocks (big lego-like blocks)! We have a mini set of those old cardboard blocks that churches and doctor offices used to have, and they love to stack those and run big trucks through them. I'm thinking the 2 year birthday will be trains, if not Thomas the Tank Engine. We'll have to see what I can find at the multiples sale. I'm still considering the train table, but I'm leaning towards 'no' on that. They're room is so small anyway. I'll be SO glad for warm weather where we can run around the yard with trucks and rocks and water!! And THEN.... it'll be time for potty training, which I'm certain I am not prepared for in the slightest. But we do have potty seats in the bathroom that they will at least sit on fully clothed. We're working on going potty before bathtime with no clothes on, but they're very against it for whatever reason. It'll come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment