The past few days have been quite an adventure. Just to recap, we arrived at St Vincents Thursday morning about 5am. About an hour later Anna started getting pitocin to start contractions and soon after that they broke her water. She received an epidural shortly after. A little while later, things got complicated. Anna had a seizure, and so they had to do an emergency C-section. Wow, it was amazing to watch how fast the hospital staff worked. From the time Anna seized until the babies were out was maybe 15minutes. The babies were born at 8:15am and 8:16am, that tells you how fast they worked. It took them a little while, but they finally stabilized Anna and the babies looked well once they came out.
Fast forward about 18hours...Anna had preeclampisa (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension). That is what caused her to seize, her blood pressure sky rocketted and her body just didnt like it. The babies were immediately taken to the NICU after they were born. Aidan weighed 5lbs 14oz and Jordan weighed 6lbs 3oz. Aidan looks awesome and has not had to have any help with anything. He has been spitting up some, but has done better today with that. He is eating right around 2oz of formula. Jordan is having to work a little to breath and so they are watching him. He is also slightly jaundice. Overall, the babies are very healthy and doing well.
Anna is still in SICU (surgical ICU), but is doing much better. Her blood pressure has come down, but is still just a little elevated for her. She is able to nibble on food and drink lots of water. The doctor expects her to be able to go to a Labor and Delivery recovery room in the morning.
Overall everyone is doing much better now. We appreciate everyone prayer. Once Anna is able I'm sure she will put lots of pictures up.
4 comments:
I am so glad she is doing better! Congrats on the twins! I have been praying for you guys!
I am so glad things are picking up for you. I hope you are feeling better SOON. I've only seen a few pictures of the boys and they are adorable. i can't wait to hear from you and see more pics!
Congratulations! I am so excited for you both and I hope Anna is feeling better by the day. You are all in my thoughts and prayers...keep the posts coming and I can't wait to see pictures!
Anna congrats again! ThanK you for sharing! They are precious and you look great! I know that was scarry but so glad God took care of you and those sweet babies! Hope to get to see them one day! Hope you cont to improve everyday!
Post a Comment