We made it to 30, yay! Yesterday (Thursday), Magen came over before my OB appt and hung a few things on the walls for me. It seems like such a small thing, but it finished the guest bedroom and put my mind at ease a little. It really is the little things that people do for me that make my day, mostly because I can't/shouldn't do them for myself. I've never been so appreciative of the gift of time!
So after that, Magen drove me to the OB for my 30 week appt. I gained 2 lbs over the last week (yikes), which brings me to a total of 30 lbs gained and that's right on track. My belly measure 42 weeks, so we're looking rather ahead of schedule. Dr. P said at 32 weeks we start going to Labor and Delivery after every appt to be monitored, so that should be tons of fun. I couldn't get an appt next week because of the holiday, so the next appt is Monday, June 1. Thankfully, I'll still be 31 weeks at that time and hopefully she'll wait until the next week to start monitoring. We had an ultrasound (and got yet another set of great pictures) to measure the boys' growth and everything looked great. One is around 3 lbs 3 oz and the other is 3 lbs 8 oz. The ultrasound tech was one I hadn't seen before, so she let me know that she measures everything twice and gets a better average of their numbers. But that meant that she didn't give me definite weights. So that's why I say they are both between 3 and 3 1/2 lbs. Being only a couple ounces different, they are still growing at a good rate together. While she was measuring, I kept looking at the weeks and days of the babies gestational ages and they ranged from 30 weeks 4 days to 31 weeks - I was just 30 weeks yesterday! So we like to see them ahead of schedule because that means they'll be ready a little earlier, but it sure does make for an uncomfortable Mommy! But they still have plenty of fluid surrounding them, so they are moving all over the place. My Baby A (who we still think is Aidan), who had been head down and then turned back transverse, is now completely breech. He has his head in my ribs and his feet in my bladder, isn't that sweet? :) So Baby B has very little choice other than to be transverse. His head is on my left side and his knees are in my ribs on the right side with his brothers head. Which explains a lot of the pain I've been having (I was looking for bruises the other night because it was so tender to touch!) and why the contractions have starting hurting in my ribs. There are too many babies in that spot! It's "funny" too, that is the smaller side of my abdominal cavity because of my scoliosis - I can't figure out why they congregate over there instead of on the left side, where there should be more room. But we only have a few more weeks, so I'm trying to just enjoy the feelings inside my belly as long as they last! Also, because we'd never seen this US tech before, she did a few more 4D pictures for us. Here they are:
Baby A with perfect little fingers over his face

Baby A sticking those little fingers in his mouth!
This is why they don't recommend paying for 4D pictures if you're carrying multiples - There's a little face back there in the back with his arm over his head and his brother's foot in his face.
Baby B stretching out after we got him to roll over

Baby B
No comments:
Post a Comment